Monday, April 30, 2007

Hayfever - grooh

Every year in March I get a hayfever phase which lasts until May or June. Last year it wasn't too bad... at the very first sign of the sniffles I bought a big bottle of Beconase and faithfully snorted it up my nostrils morning and night for a couple of months. During that time I barely had to blow my nose at all. I could even kid myself that I was 'cured' of hayfever!

I was doing the same this year, although I did keep forgetting some of my evening sniffs so I have been a little more snotty than previously. Then at the weekend Doctor Charles was watching me sniff my bottle. "Don't use that stuff, it'll get on your brain!" he said. Whilst I'm not sure that this is physiologically possible, it does hurt my head if I sniff the stuff in too enthusiastically. So I stopped. For just 24 hours.

Now I have one of the worst bouts of hayfever I can ever remember. My head is throbbing, my eyes are puffy with tiredness... there's an evil little pixie up my nose and he's twanging elastic bands against the inside of my nostrils... and I sound like a defective steam train - "Sniff, choo, choo, sniff, choo, choo!"

I'm going back to the Beconase!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheap nike shoes jqtafyya nike factory xzzesdud nike online store dgwxfrvo nike outlet online oybmrqpl nike outlet store azrofone nike outlet hxuhbvpl nike running shoes swsxskqk nike shoes mycgkntd nike store vcvcykhu