Sunday, April 15, 2007

Cool Runnings!

Our second run today. And another hot, sunny day for it. We set off around Richmond Park, on the same route as last time, and today I think it was just a weeny bit easier.

Charles took his skipping rope along with him and stopped running periodically to do 50 skips. I didn't take a skipping rope along and I stopped running periodically to have a walk!

We always walk the last part of our route as we have done a good long run (and skip) by then... plus it's uphill and there's no way I'm bloody running uphill! Today, as we came to our walking place, we saw a herd of deer in the shade of the trees. We quietly tiptoed around them and sat on a fallen tree trunk to watch. It was very peaceful and nice, sitting there watching and chatting. Charles even collected a baby caterpillar in his hair, which I put on a fern. Eventually a load of people came and the deer started getting a bit agitated, so we walked off up the hill.

My only problem with today's run was that I hadn't eaten a proper breakfast before we set off, so an hour later I had a severe blood sugar low and could barely support my bodyweight on my weedy, collapsible legs! Managed to wibble and wobble my way to the cafe in the park though, and had some very nice poached salmon sandwiches and some scones. Just what I needed!


I like our runs!

No comments: