Thursday, April 05, 2007

Holiday Planning

On the way home from work I popped into Waterstones to look for a decent book on Spain. We’re off on our holidays soon and need to decide where we’re going so that we can book our flights. So far, apart from thinking “woo Spain” we’re having trouble deciding on the places we want to visit, the airport we want to land at, whether we relax on a beach or run around museums, go where we’ve been before or explore new places… Spain is all so lovely that we kind of want to go EVERYWHERE and it’s a job to force our minds to settle on just one area.

I found the Spain section on the second floor. Surprisingly few books for Spain so I didn’t have to spend too long choosing between them. I looked at the – ooh, whole three – books available that covered all of Spain and settled on a Lonely Planet guide as it looked pretty comprehensive. I walked over to the till and gave the man my book – then, as I was fishing around in my purse for my credit card, he thrust another book under my nose and said grandly, “May I offer you a guide to Europe for just £5?” Bloody hell, we can’t even settle on one teeny tiny part of Spain – don’t give us the whole of flipping Europe to ponder on, we’ll never get anywhere!

I had a bit of running around to do before going on home so, after leaving Waterstones, I dashed into Marks and Spencers to pick up a sandwich to keep me going. It was a real party atmosphere in there this evening! I don’t know whether I was just in a really good mood or whether it was the combination of the glorious sunshine outside and the music inside (we are family, ooh sing it to me) but the man packing bags at the till was having a good bop, my foot was tapping away, and everyone seemed so very smiley! Parteee! (In M&S??!)

No comments: