Thursday, April 19, 2007

Work Avoidance

8.00 am - arrive at work.

Turn on computer and trawl through emails looking for any personal ones. Answer those and delete some spam.

Update blog with photos of my garden and my Easter egg.

Tidy my work area. Empty a few boxes, stack some books neatly. Watch as books fall over and slide off end of desk. Can't be bothered to stack them again so leave them where they are.

Walk to canteen and get a coffee.

Make decision to tidy the stationery cupboard. Pat everything into place, nice 90 degree angles, everything straight and side by side. Can't reach the top shelf, however, and someone has removed the footstool, so I wander off in search of a chair to stand on. Most chairs are the kind that have wheels on the bottom and the seat spins round and round - decide not to risk climbing onto one of those as I'm not feeling quite that adventurous today. Instead, find a nice sturdy chair without wheels in a meeting room. Drag it to cupboard and stand on it. Chair seat turns out to have a hidden spring and almost catapults me across the corridor - pyoing! Wobbling precariously, I straighten files on top shelf of cupboard. Climb off chair which, as my weight leaves it, springs back again and this time nearly catapults me onto my bum. Drag chair back to meeting room. Kick chair.

Lunchtime. Walk to canteen and order a sandwich - brie, avocado and mustard. The woman puts a mingy amount of mustard on the bread so I ask her to put some more on. Her eyes widen, but she does so. Carry sandwich back to desk and take a bite. Wooooo, nearly blows my ears off! Manage to finish sandwich but it hurts!! Eyes water copiously.

What else can I do that's not really work? Decide to perform stock rotation on the contents of the toner cupboard. Old toners dragged out of cupboard onto floor, new toners positioned in back of cupboard, old toners replaced.

Trawl the internet for a picture of the queen (a friend is having a birthday party for the queen at the weekend - not that she is aware of this!). Print out picture.

Discover cheese and biscuits in bag and realise I had brought lunch with me today and didn't actually need to buy a sandwich. Eat second lunch anyway.

3.00pm - finally get around to checking my intray!

No comments: