Tuesday, April 17, 2007

To Sit and Stare

Our recent day trips to the beach and our afternoons running through the park in the sunshine have done me so much good! Lately I've been feeling a bit depressed, felt cooped up and wanting to get away from it all. I've really needed a holiday. Hopes for our forthcoming Spanish holiday have (for me) centred around wangling as much time as I can to just sit and stare blankly at nothing whilst the sun shines down on my head... sitting on a beach, sitting on a hilltop, sitting eating food, sitting digesting food... staring mindlessly at the sea, staring mindlessly at my tapas, staring mindlessly at Charles. This was my ultimate wish!

But suddenly I don't feel the need to do the mindless thing any more. Well OK, maybe a bit! But I also feel like doing some sightseeing and other things too. I feel like exploring Spanish caves, hiking up those hills that I'm going to sit atop, maybe even visiting an aquarium or an art gallery. Hey, Spain - fun!

Obviously spending some time away from it all in the open air, even just for an afternoon, is good for the soul!

No comments: