Sunday, April 29, 2007

Run Until You Drop

Another run around Richmond Park today. I wasn't in the mood (well I never am, lazy moo!) but Charles dragged me out, and I'm glad he did. It was sunny and fine, a perfect day for being out in the park.

After last weekend's complaints that Charles hadn't pushed himself enough, which had been followed by him taking himself out for a run without me last Wednesday (can't have that, he'll be getting fitter than me if I'm not careful!) I decided that today he was going to darned well push himself. So I wouldn't let us have any breaks, we would stop for only a few seconds at a time, and then we had to keep running. And running. We even took a longer route around the park today which was nice as we discovered a sheltered area with good picnic potential and a big lake.

Without the stops in our running I really got into my stride and could have run on and on I think. In a converse way it became easier and easier the longer we ran (or maybe I'm just odd!). In the end though I felt a bit guilty at pushing us on, as Charles suddenly had an asthma attack and we had to stop, properly! Oops! Lucky he had his inhaler with him or I'd have had to chuck him over my shoulder to run us both home quick smart!


We decided to make use of our stop to have a stretching session, with Charles pulling and pushing my arms into contorted positions. As he was standing behind me, pulling me into a stretch, he said, "You're looking smaller today." (Another way of saying "Hey, your fat arse is shrinking!") It's a good thing though!

Anyway, I think Charles did feel that he pushed himself this week. And I think, too, that he might have changed his opinion of me as being a weak and feeble girlie who can't keep up with the boys!

I beat Charles! Ha!

(Now we'll just have to see if I can beat him on a day when he doesn't get struck down with an asthma attack!!)

No comments: