Monday, March 12, 2007

Pink Roses

My byoootiful flowers!

Last night me and Charles had a row. I won’t bore you with what it was about, suffice it to say that it was pretty much down to the strain he’s been under with work over the past few weeks. The poor boy has been working every night and every weekend for weeks, with no time to himself at all, and his mood is as taut as a tightrope. To be honest I don’t know how he’s still standing… he’s obviously made of very strong stuff!


Anyway, I didn’t cope with our row very well at all. I got into my car and, as I was too upset to drive safely, and was pretty sure I wouldn’t be welcome upstairs right at that moment either, I sat there and bawled my eyes out for two hours, then gently hiccupped and sniffed for another two until I was calm enough to drive home just after midnight. It was a little bit too public there for my liking. People kept walking past and I would try to put on a nonchalant ‘normal’ face until they had moved on, then dissolve again into tearful squeaking as soon as they were out of sight. One annoying old man had obviously decided I was acting ‘suspiciously’ by sitting in my car. He was doing his Neighbourhood Watch bit, walking past again and again, glaring in my direction, obviously trying to let me know that he had seen me in order to stop me getting up to whatever dreadful thing it was that I was planning to do. Because of course a tottery old man with a walking stick is going to stop me! After about the fourth or fifth time he passed I felt like leaping out of the car and screaming “Fuck off will you!” only it would have come out as little more than a hiccup, so I just sat there and glared back at him instead.


Today I was so frog-eyed and stuffy-headed from my long crying session, and still pretty tearful, that when I got to work I immediately turned around and came home again and got back into bed. Still fully clothed. From the night before! God I’m so scuzzy!


I finally got up and had a bath at 5.30pm, and began to feel a little better. Then suddenly my day got lots better! Charles, darling wonderful gorgeous Charles, turned up at my door with two pink miniature rose plants, both in bloom. And both in pink felt bags with butterflies sewn onto them. Anyone who knows how much I like both butterflies and flowers will realise what a lovely present this was for me! I was so touched! I burst into tears all over again and hugged him so hard… he is sooo the best boyfriend in the whole world!

No comments: