Friday, December 15, 2006

Organised? Or OCD?

I like to be an organised person. I like to be prepared for every eventuality. I wasn’t a boy scout (well, I wasn’t a boy!) but I should have been – my motto is definitely ‘Be Prepared’ to excess!

Tomorrow Charles and a couple of his friends are coming to dinner. This means not only that I shop and cook, but that I worry about how they will get home afterwards. (Because of course they can’t work that out for themselves.) So I logged onto the National Rail and the Transport for London websites (to double check them against each other in case one was missing a train or two!), checked out all the engineering works that will stuff up train travel and tube travel tomorrow... and I have now come up with the Ultimate Get Home Without Too Much Hassle Timetable Plan (patented). That's 'without too much hassle' for them, by the way - I spent literally hours on it and feel very hassled indeed!

If you could see the numerous sheets of paper (well, OK, piles of paper... several forests worth of mashed tree in fact!) I have on my desk detailing every combination of travel from every station within a 5 mile radius of my house… going to each person’s home area … oh my god, get a life woman!

No comments: