Monday, January 22, 2007

Togetherness

Men – they have no idea! My water tank has been broken for a few days and I desperately need to wash some clothes. Charles offered me the use of his washing machine, which was kind of him, and so I sent an email suggesting I give him a lift home from London tomorrow night after our evening classes and do my clothes then.

There was me having girly visions of togetherness… happily chatting in the car about our day as we drive home, cooking a nice dinner together while my knickers swoosh around in the washing machine, chatting over our nice meal, hopefully some wildly energetic bonking… and what do I get? A totally practical reply email that says “if you want to go and use the washing machine tomorrow night I can email you photos of how to do the switch settings.” Huh? Where’s the togetherness in a set of emailed instructions?! Does he not get that he’s supposed to think, “wahay, a chance to see Jodie during the week, how fabulous!” Or at the very man-like least, “wahay a chance for a shag!” Romance is soooo dead these days!

No comments: